Skip to main content

Christmas 2018

Milkston Thaddeus Cat inspects the tree
Last year I built myself a christmas tree. Nothing unusual there - I've built a tree for the last ten years. The difference this time was that I made a wooden tree - all the past ones have been made from foam core. To go with the tree, I made a set of wooden christmas robot ornaments, including a robot angel to go on top. I gave some of these away to friends, and kept four to decorate the tree. Since I had designed the tree with eight hanging points, I bought some cheap plastic baubles to go on the others, and festooned with with tinsel. This year I'm planning to build some more ornaments to finish the tree off. Last year I made festive robots. What will I make this year.
Festive. Robot. Cats.
I'm hoping to make a bunch of these and sell off the spares at the next craft market I attend, which will be on December 9th.
Also thinking about making some other kinds of robot animals as gifts and to sell.